Monday, December 7, 2009

Finally my Etching came out

I have been very busy recently
working on many projects!!

I was very stress about the design for the etching.
what can I do for etching??

One day I was in History of Craft, I was stopping by the image.....Mount Fuji


 so I came out with my design for etching.....................

I was useing nail polish for the eitching, but it was very hard to get my line very smooth.
So I used asphaltum for cover the whole pieces of metal with the asphaltum, only one side!! (need to wait 24Hr)


And my professor suggested me use chalk apply on the back side of design put on the top of asphaltum, and then use pen draw over on the design, it will came out like top.


the most  messy part, to scratch the resist away
and When I finish the scratch part, I put a packing tape in the back side of metal, to protect the surface, and creat a handel to hold it in the chemical container, so there will be enough space in betwen the surface of metal and the chemical that we used for the etching. It will helps to get a better result.

so I put in the PCB ( chemical that I used) for about 4 hours, then I got my result










my Final result





















2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pei Chen, I'm so glad you document your process and to hear that your History of Craft is influencing your metal work. Nice cuff bracelets.

    ReplyDelete